MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- While Enjoying America’s Waterways Play It SafeBefore you head out for a day on or near the water, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) encourages you to make sure you have life jackets for everyone and that you wear them. ... read more
- Life jackets save lives, period!Choosing to not wear your life jacket is not only illegal, it can be fatal. ... read more
- Annual sediment flushing exercise scheduled at Cherry Creek ReservoirThe annual sediment flushing exercise will be completed at Cherry Creek Reservoir Wednesday, May 24. ... read more
- Road across Gavins Point Dam closed May 22-25Crest Road, the road that crosses the Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, S.D., will be closed 8 a.m. Monday, May 22 through 5 p.m. Thursday, May 25 to perform maintenance on the spillway. This closure will include nighttime hours. The public is asked to plan on an alternate route of… ... read more
- Final decision made for Cherry Creek Dam Water Control Plan Modification StudyEffective April 2017, the Cherry Creek Dam, Chatfield Dam, and Bear Creek Dam water control plans were modified to reflect a 7,000 cfs release from Cherry Creek Dam if the reservoir reaches elevation 5590 feet. Releases from Chatfield Dam and Bear Creek Dam were not increased in the updated water… ... read more