MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Lewis and Clark Visitor Center closes for the season on November 16The Lewis and Clark Visitor Center near Yankton, SD will close for the winter season effective Friday, November 16 at 4:00 P.M. The center will reopen in February 2019. ... read more
- Plans to draw down Cunningham Lake moving forwardOMAHA, Neb.—The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers began drawing down Glenn Cunningham Lake Tuesday as part of a multiagency initiative to control the zebra mussels and common carp that have negatively impacted the lake’s ecosystem and to attempt to prevent from spreading to other lakes. ... read more
- Timber stand improvement to take place on Lake Yankton Island.A timber stand improvement project will take place on 82 acres of the Lake Yankton Island below Gavins Point Dam, near Yankton, SD beginning November 1 and is expected to be completed by November 30. Those dates may change due to weather and other factors. Visitors should not go beyond… ... read more
- Maintenance Activities Begin at Wagon Train and Stagecoach ReservoirsThe US Army Corps of Engineers announced today that maintenance construction activities on the outlet works of Wagon Train and Stagecoach Dams have begun and will continue through December. ... read more
- Road across Gavins Point Dam closed September 10, 11Crest Road, the road on Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, South Dakota, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Monday, September 10 and Tuesday, September 11 to perform inspections on the spillway bridge. The public is asked to plan on an alternate route of travel during this time. ... read more