MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Joint assessment of protest camps takes placeThe U.S. Army Corps of Engineers conducted a joint assessment today of the protest camps along the Cannonball River with camp leaders, a contractor, and camp members to survey the clean-up progress to date. In their determination, while there has been significant effort by current operations, it is not on… ... read more
- Raptor programs still on, but eagle a no show for Bald Eagle Days.For the second year there will be no eagle at Bald Eagle Days at the Lewis and Clark Visitor Center near Yankton, SD. Programs scheduled for Friday, February 17 through Sunday, February 19 will go on with other birds of prey. ... read more
- Corps grants easement to Dakota Access, LLCCorps grants easement to Dakota Access, LLC on February 8, 2017. ... read more
- Corps closes federal property adjacent to Cannonball River for safety, environmental concernsThe Corps issued notices today informing protestors of the closure of Corps-managed federal property adjacent to the Cannonball River. Safety is the number one priority for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and therefore the Corps will close federal property in the floodplain located at the mouth of the Cannonball… ... read more
- Public scoping meeting scheduled for Big Bend Master PlanThe U. S. Army Corps of Engineers will hold a public scoping meeting on Thursday, February 23, 2017 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Big Bend Project Office, 33573 N Shore Road, Fort Thompson, South Dakota 57325 to gather input on the development of the Big Bend Master plan… ... read more