MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Maintenance Activities Begin at Wagon Train and Stagecoach ReservoirsThe US Army Corps of Engineers announced today that maintenance construction activities on the outlet works of Wagon Train and Stagecoach Dams have begun and will continue through December. ... read more
- Road across Gavins Point Dam closed September 10, 11Crest Road, the road on Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, South Dakota, will be closed from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Monday, September 10 and Tuesday, September 11 to perform inspections on the spillway bridge. The public is asked to plan on an alternate route of travel during this time. ... read more
- Draft EA for bank stabilization project at Lake Sharpe, SD available for public commentA draft environmental assessment for a proposal to protect cultural sites from bank erosion within the Fort George Historic District at Lake Sharpe in Stanley County, South Dakota is currently available for public review. The draft EA evaluates the environmental impacts of constructing an off-shore breakwater structure to protect cultural… ... read more
- Hunting reminders for public lands around Gavins Point Project.With hunting season fast approaching, hunters are reminded of regulations for hunting on Gavins Point Project lands near Yankton, South Dakota. These rules are in place to help manage the public land and water resources, and for visitor safety. The areas included in these regulations are Corps of Engineers-managed lands… ... read more
- Timber stand improvements being made to Lake Yankton Island.A timber stand improvement project has started on 82 acres of the Lake Yankton Island below Gavins Point Dam, near Yankton, South Dakota and is expected to be completed by November 30. Those dates may change due to weather and other factors. Visitors should not go beyond posted closures and… ... read more