MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Road across Gavins Point Dam temporarily closing March 31Crest Road crossing Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, South Dakota, will close for an extended period to allow contractors to re-seal the monolith (expansion) joints in the powerhouse. The road will close at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 31, and will be closed for approximately four weeks. ... read more
- Ice fishing access sites begin to close downSeveral ice fishing access sites at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers-Omaha District, Garrison Project, are closed for the season. ... read more
- Army Corps of Engineers modifying operations at recreation areas due to CoronavirusThe U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) announced today that it has begun the orderly shutdown of all USACE-managed campgrounds to protect against the further spread of coronavirus disease 2019. Visitor centers, beaches, special events, and USACE-sponsored events such as shore sweeps, interpretive programs, Kids to Parks Day, Earth Day… ... read more
- Corps closes visitor centers, suspends toursDue to health and safety precautions regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), all U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Omaha District Visitor Centers will be closed and all public group tours and events and have been cancelled until further notice. ... read more
- Fort Peck announces winter access for motorized vehiclesRecreationists accessing Fort Peck Lake, Montana, and the Dredge Cuts this winter are reminded that motorized vehicles are only permitted on developed access routes, such as public roads, numbered roads, boat ramps or designated ice access routes within U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Recreation Areas. ... read more