MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Crest Road Closed Due to BlizzardCrest Road, the road that crosses the Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, S.D., will close at 2 p.m.on Friday, April 13 due to the impending blizzard. The road will remain closed until conditions improve. Blowing and drifting snow makes travel across the Crest Road extremely hazardous. It is recommended that… ... read more
- Corps Announces 2018 Shoreline/Vehicle Access PolicyThe public is welcome to use vehicles on the shoreline of 11 designated areas around Lake Sakakawea for recreational use this year. ... read more
- Draft supplemental environmental assessment for cultural interpretive center available for public reviewA draft supplemental environmental assessment for proposed construction changes at the cultural interpretive center located on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in McKenzie County, North Dakota is currently available for public review. The draft supplemental EA evaluates the environmental impacts of increasing the project footprint by approximately four acres. Comments… ... read more
- Lewis and Clark Visitor Center reopensThe Lewis and Clark Visitor Center near Yankton, SD, will be reopening effective Tuesday, February 20, 2018. Hours will be Monday – Friday, 8:00 a. m. to 4:00 P.M. The center is located on Nebraska Highway 121 near the Gavins Point Dam. ... read more
- Generator upgrades will cause spillway flows at Gavins Point DamUpgrades to the hydropower generators at Gavins Point Powerplant near Yankton, SD will result in water flows through the spillway gates. Flows are expected from February 26 through May 15, 2018. Boating restrictions will be in place on the river below the dam during this time. ... read more