MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Road across Gavins Point Dam closed May 22-25Crest Road, the road that crosses the Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, S.D., will be closed 8 a.m. Monday, May 22 through 5 p.m. Thursday, May 25 to perform maintenance on the spillway. This closure will include nighttime hours. The public is asked to plan on an alternate route of… ... read more
- Final decision made for Cherry Creek Dam Water Control Plan Modification StudyEffective April 2017, the Cherry Creek Dam, Chatfield Dam, and Bear Creek Dam water control plans were modified to reflect a 7,000 cfs release from Cherry Creek Dam if the reservoir reaches elevation 5590 feet. Releases from Chatfield Dam and Bear Creek Dam were not increased in the updated water… ... read more
- Temporary Closure of East Tailrace at GarrisonDamage to boat ramp below the Garrison dam requires repairs to the existing ramp and will be closed temporarily while the work is being completed. ... read more
- Several changes are coming to campsites operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Lake Oahe in North Dakota.BISMARCK, ND – Several changes are coming to campsites operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Lake Oahe in North Dakota. Changes include how visitors will reserve and pay for campsites. “To keep up with available technology and to follow the lead of other USACE and State Campgrounds… ... read more
- Boaters at Gavins Point Project reminded of Nebraska Non-Resident AIS Stamp RequirementNon-resident boaters that launch vessels in Nebraska waters below Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, SD are reminded they will need a Nebraska Aquatic Invasive Species Stamp before entering the water. ... read more