MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Water releases from Fort Randall and Gavins Point DamsWater releases from Fort Randall Dam at Pickstown, South Dakota and Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, South Dakota are being increased this week in support of the 2017 navigation season downstream. At Gavins Point, releases will be increased 3,000 cfs per day until they reach navigation support levels, which are… ... read more
- Prize competition seeks ideas to better estimate the water storage capacity of reservoirsThe Bureau of Reclamation is seeking problem solvers to develop new or improved analytical methods for estimating the water storage capacity and/or sedimentation volume of reservoirs managed by Reclamation and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The best solution that meets the technical requirements for this prize competition will receive… ... read more
- Joint assessment of protest camps takes placeThe U.S. Army Corps of Engineers conducted a joint assessment today of the protest camps along the Cannonball River with camp leaders, a contractor, and camp members to survey the clean-up progress to date. In their determination, while there has been significant effort by current operations, it is not on… ... read more
- Raptor programs still on, but eagle a no show for Bald Eagle Days.For the second year there will be no eagle at Bald Eagle Days at the Lewis and Clark Visitor Center near Yankton, SD. Programs scheduled for Friday, February 17 through Sunday, February 19 will go on with other birds of prey. ... read more
- Corps grants easement to Dakota Access, LLCCorps grants easement to Dakota Access, LLC on February 8, 2017. ... read more