MSAC accesses this news feed from the US Army Corps of Engineers – Omaha District website. Follow the links for more information.
- Information meeting scheduled to discuss boating restrictions change to Lake YanktonThe U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Gavins Point Project will be holding an information meeting on Wednesday, August 16 to discuss a proposal to change boating restrictions on Lake Yankton from electric motor only to no wake. The meeting will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the… ... read more
- Road across Gavins Point Dam closed August 7Crest Road, the road that crosses the Gavins Point Dam near Yankton, S.D., will be closed 8 a.m. through noon on Monday, August 7 to perform maintenance on the spillway. The public is asked to plan on an alternate route of travel during this time. ... read more
- No tours at Gavins Point Powerplant from August 18 through September 1The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will not conduct tours at the Gavins Point Powerplant near Yankton, SD from Friday, August 18 through Friday, September 1, 2017. ... read more
- Corps stresses hot-weather safetyWater management and recreation officials with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ urge visitors to keep safety in mind while enjoying outdoor recreation opportunities, particularly during unusually hot temperatures and fluctuating water flows. ... read more
- Draft Supplemental Environmental Assessment for land use reclassification at the Oahe Project available for public reviewA draft environmental assessment to evaluate the impacts of reclassifying the land use of approximately 125 acres at the Oahe Project in South Dakota is currently available for public review. Management Unit 60, also known as Sibley Nature Park, would be reclassified from Environmentally Sensitive to Multiple Resource Management –… ... read more